- A reminder that any pictures with any hand gesture in it will not be used in the yearbook. Keep this in mind while the Yearbook Staff takes photos and when you submit photos to be considered for the yearbook.
- If you haven't bought tickets for the dance, there's still time! You can buy them at lunch today or pay at the door tomorrow night! Student Council, remember to meet at the auditorium doors tomorrow morning at 9 to decorate. Teachers, be sure to check your email later for Spirit Royalty ballots. 9-12 students, don't forget to vote for King and Queen by lunch! See you this weekend and GO Hornets!
- All students planning to wrestle please sign up on Mr. Parkin's door.
- Homecoming King and Queen and theme song ballots are being sent out this morning; voting will end at lunch time on Friday. Teachers, please be sure to keep track of 7-12 students who dress up, on Friday morning you will receive a ballot to vote for Spirit King, Queen, Prince and Princess. The dance is at 8PM on Saturday in the Bob Abbey gym; please plan to enter at the auditorium doors.
- Tomorrow is Green and Gold!
- Homecoming Bonfire will take place tonight. Gaga ball contest at 7:30 followed immediately by the bonfire! Hope to see you there!
- On Wednesday October 13th and Thursday October 14th, Liberty-Benton HS will be hosting free ACT Preparation Sessions. Each night there will be sessions from 7:00-8:10pm and 8:20-9:30pm. Students are welcome to attend both nights and can choose which subject sessions they want to attend. Please see Mrs. Barnhart if you have questions or need the ACT practice booklet to take with you.
- Last night at the Bath Invitational, Grant Welte finished 9th out of 105 runners. Congratulations Grant.
- Congrats to the Freshman for taking first and second place in musical chairs yesterday! As things stand right now in last place is the Sophomores with 15 points, 3rd place is the juniors with 54 points, 2nd place is the freshman with 216 points and seniors are still in 1st with 217 points.
- Don't forget that having class members participate in the games will earn you class points! Its not to late to get signed up!! Today is a pie eating contest in the abbey gym at 12:15! Come cheer on the participants! 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will get points. Tomorrow is dress to impress with a relay race during lunch! We will also have a Gaga ball tournament. It will start at 7:30 on the band practice field with the bonfire directly following. Don't forget to sign up!!
- The Door Decorations look Amazing! So much can be accomplished in a short amount of time with TEAMWORK and a bit of KINDNESS and CREATIVITY.
Honorable Mentions go to Mr. Klausing's 8th grade, Mrs. James Seniors, and Mr. Wagner's Juniors. In 5th place is Mrs. Lee's 8th Grade 'There spirit is blown up' 4th place Mr. Sherer's 9th Grade "We are Creative" 3rd Place Mrs. Bils 10th Grade "Hornet Hive' 2nd Place to Ms. Altman "Hive of Positive Vibes' 1st place to Mrs. Bucher's 9th Grade "Bee Confident" Class points will be added to the 9th and 10th grade class totals!
- Congrats to the seniors on earning their class 150 points for 1st and 2nd place in the scooter race yesterday during lunch! The freshman earned 25 points coming in 3rd place. Today during lunch is musical chairs! If you are signed up meet us in the abbey gym at 12:30 to play! As things stand right now the sophomores are in last place with 8 points, juniors are in 3rd with 27 points, freshman in 2nd with 50 points, and seniors are in first with 169 points for the spirit week competition.
- Don't forget that the spirit week winners will be getting a spirit week champ t-shirt so remember to dress up, get involved in the lunch time games, and show your Hornet pride!! We can't wait to see everyone in their Hawaiian attire tomorrow! If you have not signed up for the Gaga ball tournament yet make sure to do so by Wednesday before the end of the day. It will be Thursday night at 7:30 on the band practice field with bonfire right after! Staff make sure you get signed up, too! The sign up sheets are on the wall by the board meeting room.
- Tomorrow is Hawaiian Day!!
- Homecoming Information:
- Homecoming is the weekend of October 1st.
- The parade and crowning ceremony will take place before the game.
- The dance for 9-12 students is on Saturday, October 2nd.
- Dance tickets will be on sale through next Friday in the old cafeteria for $10 each.
- Guest forms are due to Mrs. Stockwell by September 30th.
- Hornet Strong will be sponsoring a Door Decorating Contest for Spirit Week. Bring your ideas to your Hornet Strong Class on Monday. Your Hornet Strong Teachers Door will be decorated by your group on Tuesday during Hornet Strong. Basic Supplies of Paper, Glue, Tape, Markers, Balloons, and Streamers will be supplied.
- Within the next month Cory-Rawson has invited several colleges and universities to speak to any interested junior or senior at School. If you would like to attend, please go to Mrs. Barnhart's google sites page and sign up under the College/Military Visit Signup Tab.
- Sept. 30th University of Toledo
- Oct. 5th Rhodes State College
- Oct. 7th Bowling Green State University
- Oct. 19th Bluffton University
- Oct. 20th Owens Community College
- Oct. 28th Ohio Northern University
- There will be a 9-12 Student Council meeting in the upstairs commons area today (Tuesday) during lunch. Middle School will not meet this week; we will meet again next Thursday to keep working on the fall funfest.
- Don't forget that the spirit week winners will be getting a spirit week champ t-shirt so remember to dress up, get involved in the lunch time games, and show your Hornet pride!! We can't wait to see everyone in their Hawaiian attire tomorrow!
- If you have not signed up for the Gaga ball tournament yet make sure to do so by Wednesday before the end of the day. It will be Thursday night at 7:30 on the band practice field with bonfire right after! Staff make sure you get signed up, too! The sign up sheets are on the wall by the board meeting room.
- Tomorrow is Decade Day!!