- Last night the Hornet track teams competed against 3 other teams at Riverdale. 1st place athletes were: Raniya McNeil (100m and 200 m Dashes) Madi Krieger (300m Hurdle) Natalie Waltz (Pole Vault)and Savoux McNeil (400M Dash) 2nd places were Madi Krieger (100m Hurdles), Grant Welte (1600m run) and Malachi Nye(Long Jump). Other placers consisted of Octavia Hassan, Emma Garver, Karissa Welte, Jacob Anderson, and Tyler Tinman. Congratulations to all of the athletes.
- Any upcoming JH girl interested in playing volleyball next fall--there will be a meeting Monday May 9 at 5 pm in the old cafeteria to meet the coach and discuss the summer schedule. Please plan to attend.
- Cabaret is Monday May 9th at 7:30 come out and watch all the performances!
- Happy Cinco de Mayo!!
- The Hancock County Mathematics Competition was held on Monday, May 2, at the Hancock County Educational Service Center. Former Cory-Rawson math teacher, Chris Leuthold, has been writing and giving this math test since 2015. All Hancock County Schools (Arcadia, Arlington, Cory-Rawson, Liberty-Benton, McComb, Riverdale, Van Buren, and Vanlue) were invited to send six students to take the HCMC test. Cory-Rawson sent the team consisting of: Matthew Bechtol (sr), Jenna Hartman (sr), Michael Bixler (jr), Vincent Ludwig (jr), Brynn Reese (jr), and Grant Wilson (jr). Congratulations to these top ten finishers: Jenna Hartman (ninth place), Matthew Bechtol (eighth place), and Grant Wilson (third place). Grant will receive a $25 check for his third place finish. This is the first time that a CR student has been in the top three finishers to receive a cash prize in the history of this test. Showing consistency, Cory-Rawson was the only school to place five of its team members in the top 16 scorers. Congratulations to Grant and the rest of the team for a job well done.
- If you aren't busy Friday night, head to The Cube in Findlay to watch the Memorial Classic Charity Hockey game in memory of Mr. Dominic Francis at 7 PM. Make sure you wear your Cory-Rawson gear!
- If you are interested in cheering for football, basketball or competition cheerleading for the 22-23 school year please email coach Diller by May 10th! Tryout clinics will be held May 23, 24, 25, and 26th!
- As you know this week is Teacher Appreciation Week! 2 of you lucky teachers will find a sticker under your chair so teachers................check out the bottom of your chair and if you are one of the lucky ones to find a sticker, head on down to Mrs. Price's office to claim your prize!!
- Juniors, please turn in your 'Senior T-Shirt' form to the HS office by Friday the 6th.
- Interested in being a twirler or color guard member of the CR Marching Hornets this fall? Clinics are May 17, 18 and 19 from 3:15-4:30 PM and auditions are on Friday, May 20th at 4 PM. Please let Mrs. Davis know if you are interested so that we have enough equipment ready.
- Congratulations to the High School band for earning Superior at the state band competition!!